Good news for HTC Wildfire and HTC Legend users!
An over the air (OTA) upgrade is available for you know, and you will not did to connect to your computer to do the upgrade.
However, this upgrade applies only to HTC Wildfire devices which had the System version in the 1.25xx series. (Settings > About Phone)
What will happen:
- Your phone will receive a notification of FOTA update when it is made available.
- Simply press OK to accept the update via a data connection such as Wi-Fi or GPRS/3G.
- After installing the update, you can confirm a successful update by confirming the Build number
- (From the Home Screen go to MENU> Settings> About Phone> Software Information> Build number).
- The new Build number after the update will be 2.24.707.1 (HTC Wildfire) /3.15.707.3 (HTC Legend) / 2.13.707.2 (HTC Desire).
Update: Android 2.2 update.
Note?Please back up your data first before upgrading your phone. It is recommended to use a free Wi-Fi hotspot or an unlimited data plan to apply this update. If not, standard data connection charges may apply.
Alternatively, you can try a manual update for the OS
- Go to MENU > Settings
- Scroll down to ‘About Phone’
- Select ‘Software update’ and a prompt will update you when there is an upgrade availble