But no… it’s not an Android version update yet.
A new update has been rolled out to X10 users.
Some of the reported upgrades of this 1.6 firmware update:
- Better performance
- Improvements in camera app
- Addition of backup and restore capability
- New themes added to timescape (not just the default blue theme)
- Pin screen with UX skin
- Transitions between screens (from desktop to setup, mediascape or timescape) softer, instead of appearing suddently it does a soft fade
- Faster and better unlock button
- Faster timescape navigation, not as laggy as before
- New buttons in mediascape
- Faster multimedia galleries in mediascape
- Faster navigation between photos and images, with Slide animation added
- Some new visual effects added on mediascape, Ie. when turning up the volume.
- Better face recognition, face added doesn’t seem to disappear, now instead of showing “unknown” it shows a [+]
- Same speaker and headphone volume as in .16 when playing music or videos.
- Faster Camera loading and interface.
- Faster navigation in widgets/shorcuts/etc menu (Pressing the screen for a few seconds)
- Better touch screen.
As for the upgrade to 2.1, it has been announced that Sony Ericsson will roll it out during the 4th quarter of 2010.
To perform the firmware Update
Go to http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/support/softwaredownloads/detailed/updateservice/xperiax10?cc=gb&lc=en to download the firmware update.
Install and run the program. Make sure that your phone is at least 50% charged and there is internet access available.
It is advisable to back up your data too.
Follow the instructions on the program to perform your update.
We have some queries from users whom are unable to locate the USB port. The USB port on your phone is located on top of the phone as pictured below